Meeting of the Middleton Historical Commission
July 11, 2013 4pm
resent: Sally George, Anne LeBlanc, Larry Davis, Mary Tragert and Judy Schneider, John Bacon, and Pike Messenger of the Middleton Stream Team.
- The Stream Team presented a proposal for the use of the Curtis Mill Site.
- Purpose: A commemorative of the Mill and the Curtis brothers—both educational and restorative.
- Construction of a Kiosk with relevant photos and stories of the Mill and the Curtis brothers operation of the Mill. The Mill was a water powered sawmill and planner. It was in existence until 1972 when it was burned by vandals.
- Restoration and preservation of the existing artifacts with erection of a shelter for them.
The Team has gathered materials and discussed plans for the construction of the kiosk and the restoration and preservation of the existing artifacts. An application for help in funding this project will be made to the Middleton Historical Commission and other sources by the Stream Team. Volunteers are also providing labor, materials and talent.
The discussion of the restoration of the front doors of the Old Town Hall was postponed because Mrs. Gannon was unable to attend the meeting.
- There was no time left for an update on the Train Station Project.
The meeting was adjourned at 5pm. The next meeting will be scheduled for Aug 22 at 4pm.
Mary Tragert, clerk
Middleton Historical Commission