Skip Navigation
Welcome to Middleton, Massachusetts

This table is used for column layout.

Online Payment Center
Make a Payment


Where can I pay my bill?
You have two choices:

-  Here at the Light Department office during normal hours

-  A drop slot with envelopes is located next to our main entrance

Payments can be made by cash check or automatic withdrawal from an account

Credit or Debit cards are NOT accepted
Who do I call for account information or to start or disconnect an existing service?
Call our office at 978 774–4313
What is your fax number?
978 774-5408
What are MELD’s normal business hours?
The office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
Do you offer discounted rates for senior citizens?
No, not at this time
Do you recycle refrigerators?
No we do not
Who do I call for emergencies after hours?
lf you have an emergency, call our regular number, 978 774-4313 for service.

The Fire Department dispatch center is available 24 hours a day to promptly forward your concerns to a MELD associate for appropriate action
How do I start or discontinue service?

To initiate service you or your agent must contact our office at 197 North Main Street to complete an application and provide pertinent data. The office is open Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4 PM. Call us at 978-774-4313.
We require a minimum 24 hours notice to commence service


Contact our office at (978) 774-4313
I am renting an apartment/house/condo, what is required?
You need to sign up for service as described above. We also require a security deposit. You can call the office at 978 774-4313 for the amount of your deposit which is normally three times the last average monthly bill. If the account has been paid in a timely manner for TWO years, the deposit will be returned. Otherwise, the deposit is kept until service is terminated and at that time, the final bill will be deducted from the deposit and you will be billed/refunded for the remainder
How do I stop service?
Contact our office at: 978 774-4313
Do you provide any energy audit assistance?
Commencing January 2, 2010, you can request an audit through Energy New England
Call for details